Job Title: Services Technician
Branch/Location: San Jose, CA
FLSA Status: Exempt or Non-Exempt
Reports to: Regional Service Director and Service Manager
Dex Imaging is a leading provider of document handling equipment and services with multiple offices and locations throughout the United States. Vendor agnostic providing the best document handling solutions in the industry with no dependency on a single manufacturer. Dex Imaging is a leader in information technology and a manufacturer of associated electronic document handling reporting devices.
Services Technicians must be mechanically-inclined, extremely reliable and trustworthy. They should be comfortable working independently and have excellent communication skills. In this role, Services Technicians perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and dealer-owned copier equipment. by performing the following duties:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches.
- Tie workflow to schedule.
- Manage all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, logs, and records.
- Operate vehicle in a safely manner and use field automation systems.
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Build positive relationships with customers.
- Diagnose and support entire machine systems and in assist customers with in the field operation and adjustments.
- Completes technician comments in a timely manner for the assigned work and turns in necessary paperwork.
- Works as part of a cohesive team within the shop to meet customer needs.
- Follows all safety practices of the organization when completing work assignments.
- Helps to maintain company vehicles, inventory and tools in proper working condition.
- Maintains knowledge on existing products and pursues additional technical and product knowledge by actively participating in the training programs of the dealership. This includes manufacturer training and on the job training.
- Maintains communication with the customer and answers questions relative to the work being performed. Makes recommendations for additional work that needs to be completed.
Qualifications & Required Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High School Diploma; Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, businesses and community. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in oral and written form. Ability to perform duties with awareness and in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Position requires extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. service technicians must be able to manage service calls that require more time than anticipated without becoming frustrated or rushing through a job.
- Must possess superb customer service skills and an ability to diagnose and solve problems from non-technical descriptions provided by their customers.
- Completes additional tasks and assignments as requested by the Service Manager.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8a.m. to 5p.m. Extended work hours may be required as job duties demand.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
- After 90 days, accrue paid time off
- After 60 days, eligible for 401K, health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & Life)
- Supplemental Insurance Options Available
- Paid holidays
- After one-year anniversary, eligible for employee profit sharing plan
DEX Imaging is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. DEX Imaging promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.